An entrepreneur who works alone, “solo,” running their business single-handedly. They might have contractors for hire, yet have full responsibility for the running of their business.
The typical solopreneur is easily tempted to become a work-a-holic, not feeling their work is ever done! They do the administrative tasks, marketing, customer service and service delivery typically by themselves.
The above was a dictionary version.
Now for the relentless truth.
So… What is a Solopreneur?
- They get over the need for security be this from a job or other people
- Works by themselves (but not necessarily alone) if that makes sense.
- Understands what drives them
- Hates the status-quo
- Takes massive action and get things done. Fast.
- Realizes success happens in the midst of a great big mess of things
- Surrounds themselves with other ruthless entrepreneurs.
- Realize when things go totally wrong leaving them like a huge failure that its part of the process. Get up. Dust off. Try again.
- Reads the blog your reading often and signs up for updates.
- Does what the fu*k they want. You are responsible for your actions.
- Have clear written goals. Then accomplish them!
- Does what is important first
- Daily learning activities (but not to avoid what you should really be doing)
- Influences the world in amazing ways
- Read ‘Influence’ by Robert Cialdini if you haven’t read it
- Meditates and visualizes
- Understands they cannot please everyone & doesn’t even try
- Gives without expecting back
- Breaks through their comfort zone on a regular basis
- Spends as much time as possible doing the things they love, what makes them truly happy
- Always nurture the important relationships in their lives
- May be caught in some uncomfortable situations (but maybe not as uncomfortable as the time I farted in school and unknowingly the boy I liked was standing right behind me lol how embarrassing)
- They are creative and imaginative (I guess you’ve got to be when starting out, wondering how the hell am I going to pay my next months bills now I’ve fired my friggin boss)
- Leaders. They are leaders.
- Creates wealth (eventually) for themselves and their loved ones
- Reads ‘The master Key System’ by Charles Haanel and does what it tells you to do. (bad ass book. Read by Bill Gates before Microsoft )
There you have the answer to the question ‘what is a solopreneur’.
Remember keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe!
GET YOUR FREE REPORT – 3 Mistakes of solopreneur
I would Love to hear your thoughts so please leave your comment below.
If you got any value out of this post please +1, tweet, Like, share!
And don’t forget to sign up for your e-guide and updates. By entering your name and email address in the sign up box below.